
I've been really inspired by my friend Molly this week to volunteer for Obama and the last two mornings I was out in front of the Grand Lake Theater whooping it up and getting people to honk for Barack. I am so excited about this candidate and it felt great to cheer for him and make eye contact with drivers getting on the freeway. So many of them gave me a huge smile and a big thumbs up. Molly has put in a million more hours than I have and her spirit and inspiration are unflagging. I promise that when/if he wins the primary I will do much more for his campaign.
Don't be confused, though. The photo above is not of Molly. Sadly, I did not take a shot of her and the beautiful large banner she sewed and painted herself. This morning when I got to the Grand Lake around 7:30 am Molly hadn't arrived yet so I went to stand near the other Obama supporters and it turns out I knew two of them. The photo above is of Jessica, a friend of my dear friend Natalie. It was so exciting to serendipitously run into her and her husband, and what a pleasant surprise to see that we both were holding signs for the same candidate! Yay for random coincidences!
Tom and I are biting our nails right now, listening to the radio and neurotically checking the NY Times updates. We both have been Obama supporters for about 8 months now, so we are anxious to see how it will all shake out. I'm convinced that since George Bush won his second election on my 29th birthday I deserve some payback. I know a lot of my friends are Hillary supporters, so best of luck to whoever comes out on top (but I do hope it's Obama!).
1 comment:
i think he did well despite the fact he did not win ny and ca. jkk
Post a Comment