I thought of two things I am thankful for this weekend. One is Tom's coffee. I no longer yearn for a store bought latté on the weekends because Tom has become a gourmet latté maker. Last year for my birthday he bought me an aero press (you won't believe it, but it's made by the people who brought you the aerobie--coffee and frisbees---who knew?). Tom has become a master of using it to make me weekend lattés. I poorly do this for myself Mon-Fri, but the best Saturday or Sunday morning I can imagine is reading in bed whilst Tom makes me a latté. He's figured out the perfect ratio of coffee to water, the perfect technique and timing of pressing the water through the grounds, the perfect ratio of milk to coffee, and the perfect technique of hand whipping foam with a whisk. These are just a few more skills he can add to his boatload of dreamboat qualities.The second thing that made me thankful is cruise control. We quite frequently drive to see Tom's family, 60 miles each way on a very picturesque and empty highway. I never before discovered the beauty and ease of cruise control but living in Vermont has encouraged me to press that little button on the side of the steering wheel to see just how helpful and fun it can be. Try it yourself the next time you are on the open road. There's nothing like relaxing both of your feet on the floormat and taking in the view (just don't forget that you are driving!).
This weekend I really want to just make stuff and get some design ideas out, but mountains of things are piling up in our place. There can be beauty in mess, though, right? Take for example this lovely pile of unintentionally color-coordinated dirty clothes. Beautiful, no?
Today we get to see an old friend who I recently reconnected with on Facebook and meet her husband and baby. It's been about 10 years since I last saw her!
2 comments:
i want a latte next time we're there. also, the clothes do look lovely in the mountain you created. i'm wondering if the cat hair is piled as nicely too.
what's that on top of the pile? yes, cruise control is a wonderful thing.
Post a Comment