Sunday, November 9, 2008

jesus age

Here I am pondering the notion that I've reached my "Jesus age". Someone asked Tom how it felt to reach the "Jesus age" when he turned 33. I hadn't heard the expression before, but apparently that is the age that Jesus died, so I guess the idea is that one is supposed to assess exactly what they've accomplished in life and probably feel somewhat bad about themselves when they realize that Jesus did a heck of a lot more by the time he turned 33.

Honestly, I don't feel so bad or regretful about my life so far. I feel pretty darn lucky. I've done a lot, seen a good amount of things, worked hard, found love, have wonderful family and friends in my life, and foresee what looks like a positive future to me, so I'm feeling pretty good about reaching my Jesus age. I loved that I reached my Jesus age and two days later Barack Obama became president. It has been a very positive week and I've felt proud and happy. Obviously, there are many more things I wish I had time to do, many more places I'd like to see, and people I'd like to meet, but each day brings something new to my life as long as I look at it with open eyes and heart. I'd like to try this year to focus on the micro then see how that affects the macro. I'd like to be more humble, simple, less rushed, and more appreciative.

We had a nice little hike last weekend up to Owl's Head in Groton State Forest then a delicious dinner at Elements in St. Johnsbury. It was the perfect birthday weekend full of good food, some crafty endeavors, and lots of relaxing. We found some amazing teeny orange mushrooms on our hike and Tom took some awesome pictures of them...makes me want to make a terrarium!


More pictures soon of some crafty things I'm trying out for gifts.

2 comments:

kooze1948 said...

who is obi?

jk said...

obi is vicki and tom's friend who dates the girl ali that vicki worked with at juniper ridge.