
It got Tom and I to thinking that if we ever have time someday, we should design our own Haunted Forest and make it really creepy...not too many people, very dark and spooky, yummy mulled wine...get all our friends to come visit us over Halloween weekend and all go on a haunted hike together through the woods...
I love this time of year, especially Halloween. I think of it as a time of reflection and hunkering down, of personal examination and evaluation. I think that's why it's a good time to get a little spooked...a little bit of fear can be a good catalyst for stirring up creative juices and making changes. I leave you with a still from one of my favorite Halloween memories...watching Disney's Legend of Sleepy Hollow with my family. If you haven't read this short story by Washington Irving, it's a wonderful thing to do this time of year.
No comments:
Post a Comment