It was a while ago, but I want to do a short post about the bike tour. It wasn't the day I imagined to be. I was envisioning a father-daughter bonding journey, gliding through NY and its environs, exclaiming at the beauty of it all and enjoying time with my dad who I don't get to see enough. When I took off the rose-colored glasses it turned into a cold day of pouring rain. I lost my dad half way through the race, but was luckily able to ride with his great co-workers, Lily and Dave. Unfortunately Lily got a flat towards the end and we waited at mile 40 or so while the kind volunteer fixed her flat, the buses that pick up the stragglers looming behind us. We finished the ride and found my dad waiting at the finish line, soaked and freezing. We took a chilly ride together on the Staten Island Ferry and I told my dad we need to do it again next year when the weather is better because I can see how it is an awesome thing to do.
Here are my dad and me at the starting line, blissfully unaware of what the day will bring. I gotta say, I love hanging out with my dad no matter what the weather is doing. He is the most amazing man and I wish I could see him all the time. I'll find us a summer ride in VT and promise there will be sun, dad!
1 comment:
love this pic!
Post a Comment