Tuesday, June 16, 2009

LA, belated

I can't believe I haven't posted yet about visiting LA and seeing Gen, Alli, and Natalie for Memorial Day weekend. We had a lot of laughs and I really enjoyed being back in California. Thank you to all three of you for such a wonderful little bachelorette getaway, and thank you, Gen and Vic, for hosting all of us!

Alli and Gen, watching the sunset on Redondo Beach in Gen and Vic's neighborhood. Beautiful view of Palos Verdes in the distance. Sushi after sunset = perfect evening with the girls.

Nat and I enjoying drinks on the patio of World Cafe in Venice Beach after unsuccessfully seeking wedding night lingerie up and down Abbot Kinney and Main St. Does no one besides Victoria's Secret make lingerie anymore?

Fondly remembering the early days of my relationship with Tom when I'd travel on Southwest down to LA to visit him--he lived right at the end of Navy St. near the beach. Can't believe over seven years have passed since those times. So much has happened for us! We are a long ways away from the sunny Venice shore, happy in our new digs, but always with room for California in our hearts.

These ladies made me laugh non-stop all weekend. Ask them about Mr. Softee. We had so much fun. It was awesome to bring three women from really different parts of my life together and have such a blast. Here we are toasting to my last days as a "bachelor" with delicious champagne in a pink can at the Chalet, the site of Gen and Vic's engagement. Apparently we were sitting next to some dude from "The Office". I proceeded to call everyone wet blankets for the rest of the evening and make a fool out of myself singing and dancing to New Order in the passenger seat while poor Gen drove us home--how my friends put up with me, I have no idea. I love LA!

1 comment:

jk said...

mr. softee leaves a lot to the imagination!