
Before starting this blog I wrote down some ideas for entries and for some reason my face soap was at the top of the list, so this entry might be pretty boring, but I really want to sing the praises of a good product. I work for a natural products company, Juniper Ridge, and my fantastic co-worker, Alli, knows all there is to know about natural products from being a Whole Foods buyer for almost five years. She has introduced me to some amazing products, but nothing so fantastic as Suki.
Now, don't get me wrong; by no means am I a girly girl. I don't own much makeup and my current wardrobe is completely unsexy and full of hooded sweatshirts and puffy vests due to working in a cold warehouse. But I do love natural products and can spend hours wandering the aisles of Whole Foods looking for something new and great--but it needs to be natural, preferably with some organic ingredients. The thing is though, just because you buy a product that's called so-and-so "organics" it doesn't necessarily mean there's actually anything organic in there. It could be full of parabens and all other sorts of bad chemicals, and sadly, that word, "organics", is probably just on the packaging to get your attention and make you think you're buying something "good" and "green". I can't tell you how many times I've gotten excited about a new product during those hours of Whole Foods wandering only to read through the ingredients to find "methylparaben" or "sodium lauryl sulfate" right after a more pleasant ingredient like "organic rosemary essential oil".
I'm not as vigilant as I sound here. I don't always buy organic food and there are some chemically things in various cabinets in our apartment, but I'm trying, and I love it when a company does something right and good, and that's what Suki does. You can actually feel the goodness of their ingredients when you put them on your skin. The cleansing lotion and the shitake toner are what I use, and my skin just feels so soft and healthy when I get out of the shower. It just feels right to use good products, and Suki even puts theirs in glass bottles which is so much better than plastic. Plus you can rinse your skin off knowing that you aren't flushing a lot of chemicals down your drain and pumping them back into the environment. It's true that these nice products have a pretty steep price tag, but the more we make good consumer choices, the better we feel, and the more of a small difference we make.
2 comments:
I really want to check this stuff out. I'm going to see if I can score some samples, weild my esthetic powers! :) Good for you getting the blog up, Vicki - it's fun to read your writing!
xo :)
i love my suki stuff - jkk
Post a Comment