
This book brings back so many memories. My copy has a broken spine, a worn, torn cover, and yellowing pages. It is beloved and it represents hard work and great satisfaction to me, which is why I was so pleased yesterday when I saw that the author of this book, Jean-Marie Gustave Le Clézio had won the
Nobel Prize for literature. I translated some short stories from "La ronde et autres faits divers" for my senior French project at Wesleyan, thus completing my English/French double major. Seeing that he won made me realize that it's been over 10 years since I did that translation and I'd never be able to translate French literature at this point in time--my French is sooo rusty. Also made me nostalgic for those days of unbridled learning and creativity. As my college girlfriends and I still say, "yeah, college!" Apparently not many of his books have been translated into English...maybe I need to find those old Word docs and get them to a publisher!
1 comment:
That's so funny, Vick, I was just thinking about "yeah, college!" a couple of days ago.
Post a Comment