Tonight, as I left work, the sun had almost set and there was a soft silence in the air that could only indicate that winter is on its way. I hadn't heard such quiet outdoors in a long time, and it was very calm and powerful. In the distance I could hear a coyote howling, cows mooing and a few dogs barking, but utter quiet was immediately surrounding me and I felt very much a part of that moment and that place, with fall leaves in piles around my feet. Frost covered the landscape this morning and snow is forcasted for tomorrow. Some more photos from recent weeks:
Recipe for pumpkin seeds: salt, good dash of olive oil, leave some of the pumpkin guts in with the seeds. Bake for longer than you would think on 350 or so until they get nice and brown...a bread pan works well if you have a small amount like this...our oven doesn't work so well and I baked these for over an hour...
Monday, October 20, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
can't wait to play boggle again!
boogle+alcohol=lots of 3 letter words
Post a Comment