Tuesday, December 2, 2008

thankful

We went to Long Island for Thanksgiving to be with my family. This year I am thankful for love, health, loved ones, and hope. We were saddened today to find out that there was a fire in our friends' Jon and Magda's apartment building in Pittsburgh this weekend. We had just seen them on Long Island the day after Thanksgiving. We hope they find a new place soon and send them lots of love. The good news is that no one was hurt. This was a reminder to me to always be thankful each day for just what you have, even when it seems like it's not enough.

Here is the view of NYC from the Throgs Neck Bridge, Thanksgiving day.

The cats were happy to have us back home, though my co-worker, Karen, took wonderful care of them. It took us about 9 hours to drive back. There was snow all the way from Brattleboro to Montpelier and no plows sighted the entire way. Isn't this Vermont? Where are the plows?!

A couple of Christmas gift projects I'm working on are below. Weird retro knitted puppets that I'm still not sure about and awesome "no sew tote bags" from Martha. I assembled this one tonight in about an hour...


1 comment:

jk said...

love the tote bags and the puppets are kind of cute!