Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Girls Weekend May 2009

My college girlfriends and I gathered together in Sherman, Connecticut a couple of weeks ago to celebrate two upcoming weddings and a baby. It was a beautiful weekend--unseasonably hot and lovely. Forsythia and daffodils were already wildly in bloom down this way and we enjoyed a perfect two days of eating, talking, and lounging by the lake at Kari's beautiful summer home. It was decadence in its most wonderful form--a weekend full of catching up, sharing memories, and appreciating each others' friendship. Many of us have been friends for 15+ years, and we feel so lucky that we are still in good touch with each other. The only sad part of the weekend was not having Nicole with us--we missed you, Smitty!

The freaky girl who watched over us all weekend
with that stern look in her eye. I swear I saw her blink!

Sarah and Kari.

Erin and Megan.

Susie and Gen.

Leslie opening her shower gives (note her bump
hiding behind the present!)

Thank you to everyone for presenting Tom and I with the incredible wedding gift of the most fabulous food processor in the world! And thank you for being such stupendous friends who make me laugh and appreciate life's good little things.
------
On a sad note, a shooting took place at Wesleyan University on Wednesday and a young student was killed. Wesleyan is the place that ties all of these friends of mine together and we spent many hours in the bookstore where the shooting took place. All of us our saddened by this terrible event...


1 comment:

Gen said...

ah yes, I did love those cheetos. I think I ate 3/4 of the bag.